From: pat.naugh...@metricationmatters.com
To: usma@colostate.edu
Subject: [USMA:46372] Re: Some recent figurers
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 18:22:17 +1100

On 2010/01/06, at 06:12 , lorelle...@aol.com wrote:For years we have been using
the figure 95.4% based on a population of 5,719 billion.  Numbers change over
time and you may have the up to date figures.  Not to cast any doubt on your
figures but I wonder how accurate population numbers can be in unsettled places
like Burma and Liberia.  A few years ago I was looking up something about
Myanmar.  I discovered there were two Web sites --one for Burma and one for
Myanmar, both claiming to be the official site.

Dear Lorelle,
At your instigation I have rechecked my figures. You are right my initial
figures were a little shonky (see below). Here is my latest effort:
World population 6 830 586 985 (Estimate 2010 January 7 by U.S. Census Bureau
at http://www.census.gov/ipc/www/popclockworld.html
)USA population 315 534 716 (U.S. Census at www.census.gov )Burma population 50
000 000 (Estimate based on data from U.S. Department of State at
http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/35910.htm )Liberia population 3 441 790 (2009
July estimate from CIA World Fact Book at
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2119.html?countryName=&countryCode=&regionCode=ž
)Non-metric nationsBurma              50 000 000Liberia               3 441
790USA              315 534 716Total             368 976 506Calculation368 976
506 ÷ 6,830,586,985 x 100 = 5.4 %Cheers,Pat NaughtinAuthor of the ebook,
Metrication Leaders Guide, that you can obtain from
http://metricationmatters.com/MetricationLeadersGuideInfo.html PO Box 305
Belmont 3216,Geelong, AustraliaPhone: 61 3 5241 2008Metric system consultant,
writer, and speaker, Pat Naughtin, has helped thousands of people and hundreds
of companies upgrade to the modern metric system smoothly, quickly, and so
economically that they now save thousands each year when buying, processing, or
selling for their businesses. Pat provides services and resources for many
different trades, crafts, and professions for commercial, industrial and
government metrication leaders in Asia, Europe, and in the USA. Pat's clients
include the Australian Government, Google, NASA, NIST, and the metric
associations of Canada, the UK, and the USA. See
http://www.metricationmatters.com for more metrication information, contact Pat
at pat.naugh...@metricationmatters.com or to get the free 'Metrication matters'
 In a message dated 1/5/2010 4:17:46 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
pat.naugh...@metricationmatters.com writes: Dear   All,
  I have just calculated as follows:
  World population 8 850 000 000  USA population 304 000 000Burma population 50
000 000Liberia population   4 000 000Total   (Burma, Liberia, and the USA) 358
000 000 or 4 %

  96 % of the world population predominately use the metric   system.

Use Hotmail to send and receive mail from your different email accounts
http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/186394592/direct/01/