On Page 16 of the DRAFT (for Grade 2), under "Length Measurement" is the
statement: "Understand that 1 inch, 1 foot, 1 centimeter, and 1 meter are
conventionally defined lengths used as standard units. "There is no mention of
SI.

On Page 20 (for Grade 3) is the statement: "Determine and compare areas by
counting square units.  Use cm^2, m^2, in^2, ft^2, and improvised units."
There is no mention of SI.

On Page 24 (for Grade 4) is the statement:  "...show distances along a race
course to tents of a mile on a number line, by dividing the unit of length into
10 equal parts to get parts of length 1/10...." There is no mention of SI.

On Page 28 (for Grade 5)is the statement:  Convert among differently sized
standard measurement units within a given measurement system (e.g. feet to
yards, centimeters to meters, and use conversions in solving multiple word
problems." also "...determine and compare volumes...by counting cubic units
(using cm^3, m^3, in^3,ft^3, and improvised units." There is no mention of SI.

These are all the measurement related statements I have found to data.  The
failure to even mention SI is a serious omission in my opinion.  I expect to
more formally call attention to this major deficiency.

Gene Mechtly