From: owner-u...@colostate.edu [mailto:owner-u...@colostate.edu] On Behalf
Of mech...@illinois.edu
Sent: 30 March 2010 19:25
To: U.S. Metric Association
Subject: [USMA:47001] Re: FW: Special Employee Advisory: Message from Joe
Boardman

Wind speeds and the speeds of athletes (runners and swimmers) are easily
visualized and can be understood in m/s by the general public, and even
vehicle stopping distances and times for safety from speeds in m/s are
reasonable.  There is no good reason to discard speeds in m/s in favor of
km/h.  The planning of long trips and travel times is usually done at
leisure, not in emergencies.  Coherent SI units are best.