EADS (Airbus parent) have confirmed that they will be putting in a bid (for the
third time) for the Pentagon's air refueling tankers, based on the A330 tanker
now flying for the Australian military.  The A330 is of course an all metric
plane.  The US military I understand works in metric.   The rival Boeing 767
tanker is of course a non-metric plane.  I wonder if anyone knows (a) what
units are used (or primarily used) in the bidding documents; and (b) following
on from this, what units will be used in the aircraft's operation and
maintenance?

John F-L