From: "Ametrica" <ametr...@cox.net>
Sent: Wednesday, 16 June, 2010 4:18:19 AM
Subject: [USMA:47810] RE: The Oil Leak (Estimate)  Increases Again

It would be easier to understand if the symbol for deka was "D".  Since we have
"m" for milli and "M" for mega, there would be no conflict with deci, which is
"d".  It would also reduce the symbol from two letters to one letter.  What do
you think?

I also think hecto should be "H" and kilo "K".  This way all multiples have
their prefixes as capital letters and all sub-multiples as miniscule letters.
Most are this way except for deka, hecto and kilo.  I've seen road signs in
some countries that had kilometre as "Km".   some people may think that is the
rule.