From: James R. Frysinger <j...@metricmethods.com>
To: U.S. Metric Association <usma@colostate.edu>
Sent: Wed, August 4, 2010 9:49:15 PM
Subject: [USMA:48324] Use of lumens for flashlights

I came across an interesting product catalog that describes the products
(flashlights, etc.) made by SureFire. Page ICF12 of this discusses
"candlepower"
[candelas] versus "lumens".
http://www.armory.sk/pdf/2007-Illumination-Catalog.pdf
CAUTION: This is a 7.5 MiB file, more or less.

I like their "pile of sugar on a table" analogy! All in all, they present quite
a dazzling level of technological discussion in this catalog. The products go
for dazzling prices too, alas.
http://www.surefire.com/Flashlights

Jim

-- James R. Frysinger