From: owner-u...@colostate.edu [mailto:owner-u...@colostate.edu] On Behalf Of
James R. Frysinger
Sent: 24 December 2010 14:48
To: U.S. Metric Association
Subject: [USMA:49275] RE: USDA National Nutrient Database

On its website, the USDA can use the HTML entity &micro; or &#181; to
make that symbol. I am confident that the USDA can handle that.

I have not tried this, but M$ Windows allows one to redesignate their
keyboard into various languages. I can set mine up to be English, Greek,
German, Spanish, etc. Whether this provides the full-blown equivalent,
including symbols, is still a question in my mind. Regardless, I can
change keyboard languages character by character if I care to.

Jim

On 2010-12-24 0807, Martin Vlietstra wrote:
> If you want to write "µ", you have a number of choices:
> 1) Get a German keyboard (not always easy in the US or the UK)
> 2) Type Alt-0181 when using Windows.
> 3) Go into your favourite word processor and cut-and-paste "µ" from it.

James R. Frysinger
632 Stony Point Mountain Road
Doyle, TN 38559-3030

(C) 931.212.0267