My son, who lives about 120 km north of Toronto, Ontario, sent me this picture
a week ago.  -35 C - now THAT's cold.

John F-L

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Pat Naughtin
  To: U.S. Metric Association
  Sent: Monday, January 31, 2011 6:12 AM
  Subject: [USMA:49707] Re: And a Canadian shall show them ...

  Dear Pierre,

  I now have an electronic thermometer that has an inside sensor and an outside
sensor.

  Yesterday it was 41 °C in the shade outside our kitchen window and 29 °C
inside. We stayed inside for the day!

  Cheers,

  Pat Naughtin
  Geelong, Australia

  On 2011/01/31, at 13:51 , Pierre Abbat wrote:

    On Sunday 09 January 2011 18:58:28 Pat Naughtin wrote:

      I also once had two degree Celsius thermometers with suction circles that

      could seal onto glass. I placed one inside a glass door and the other

      outside. That way you could check the inside temperature, the outside

      temperature, and calculate the difference without opening the door.

    My mom had, in the previous house in Raleigh, North Carolina, a double
    thermometer with one having a thin tube routed through the window to the
bulb
    outside. One night it was -18 °C outside and it was all the heating system
    (which used a heat exchanger and well water) could to to keep it at +18 °C
    inside. Here in Charlotte it's been -9 °C a few times in the past few
weeks,
    but that's about as low as it gets.

    Pierre
    --
    La sal en el mar es más que en la sangre.
    Le sel dans la mer est plus que dans le sang.

  Pat Naughtin LCAMS
  Author of the ebook, Metrication Leaders Guide, see
http://metricationmatters.com/MetricationLeadersGuideInfo.html
  Hear Pat speak at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lshRAPvPZY
  PO Box 305 Belmont 3216,
  Geelong, Australia
  Phone: 61 3 5241 2008

  Metric system consultant, writer, and speaker, Pat Naughtin, has helped
thousands of people and hundreds of companies upgrade to the modern metric
system smoothly, quickly, and so economically that they now save thousands each
year when buying, processing, or selling for their businesses. Pat provides
services and resources for many different trades, crafts, and professions for
commercial, industrial and government metrication leaders in Asia, Europe, and
in the USA. Pat's clients include the Australian Government, Google, NASA,
NIST, and the metric associations of Canada, the UK, and the USA. See
http://www.metricationmatters.com for more metrication information, contact Pat
at pat.naugh...@metricationmatters.com or to get the free 'Metrication matters'