  From: Remek Kocz
  To: U.S. Metric Association
  Sent: Friday, March 25, 2011 11:55 AM
  Subject: [USMA:50188] iPhone & Fahrenheit

  I find it quite amazing that in their infinite wisdom, Apple markets the
iPhone/iPod with that weather app pictured with a sunny day and 73 degrees
(unidentified, but we know which scale).  From a cursory glance at sites
outside the US, it looks like they're marketing it like this to the rest of the
world.  This really flips the software development concept of
internationalization on its head.  Why adjust our product to the world--let's
make the world adjust to it.  I know that the app can be switched to Celsius,
but Fahrenheit by default, that's just hard to believe.

  Remek