On Monday 11 April 2011 14:09:23 Remek Kocz wrote:
> This brings us to Belize, which is a country that I'd argue is more USC
> than the US itself.  Why?  In addition to everything that I saw being
> nonmetric, there is no FPLA.  So locally packaged food is in pounds and
> ounces _only_. Everything that I saw there was in USC: fuel, roads,
> temperatures (yes, Fahrenheit only), vertical distances, groceries,
> property dimensions.  Which begs the question, why is Belize omitted from
> the very short list countries that do not use the metric system?  Belize is
> a very poor country, with a dysfunctional government (per the locals I
> spoke to), and it's probably highly unlikely that they have any kind of
> metrication plan on their hands. So why not US, Liberia, Burma, and Belize?

I have a friend who goes to Belize. Most figures she's given me from Belize
are in colonial, but amounts of seeds imported are in grams. I'll ask her how
much metric she's seen in the country. Don't expect a quick answer.

Pierre
--
La sal en el mar es más que en la sangre.
Le sel dans la mer est plus que dans le sang.