From: owner-u...@colostate.edu [mailto:owner-u...@colostate.edu] On Behalf
Of Michael Payne
Sent: 13 June 2011 21:34
To: U.S. Metric Association
Subject: [USMA:50616] Reduced standard sized

I was amazed when I went to buy paint today that the supposed Quart
container was no longer a quart of paint, I think the can is the same size,
it's just less inside.  A US quart is 946 mL, these cans ranged from 840 mL
to 916 mL to 931 mL.  Most people don't realize they are getting less.

Notice the shelf label still states Quart of whatever paint! Shortchanged?

Mike Payne