  From: Harry Wyeth
  To: U.S. Metric Association
  Sent: Monday, June 27, 2011 9:08 AM
  Subject: [USMA:50757] Automobiles w/ metric options

  I wonder if anyone knows of any vehicles sold in the US which have the
capability of switching to full metric at the push of a button.  I mean all of
the following: speed, distance covered, outside  temperature, and (if available
on the vehicle) distance to empty tank, average speed, coolant temperature, oil
pressure, instantaneous and overall fuel economy, and anything else (I can't
think of any others).

  I owned a first edition Honda Insight that offered all of these by simply
turning a switch.  A 2004 Chevy truck offers  most of these (but not speed),
but you have to scroll through a computer menu to do it.  My Prius offers only
the speed option, sadly.  I wonder about the new version of the Insight.

  HARRY WYETH