km/h should be used at all times since it is already the international
standard in the International System of Units (SI).
   It time to begin to use the SI as the standard since the SI is already
the accepted international standard and widely used.
Regards,  Stan Doore

http://news.yahoo.com/katia-speeds-atlantic-not-clear-threat-u-031723393.html;_ylt=AobHPh4mmrdbQsbkDt8mUD6s0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNtaDM0dXBwBG1pdANUb3BTdG9yeSBGUARwa2cDNzY4MWZiOGQtNmE4Mi0zMTFjLTkzMTMtNTMxODc2MzY0Y2JkBHBvcwMxNQRzZWMDdG9wX3N0b3J5BHZlcgNkZGEyYTFkMC1kM2IxLTExZTAtYmJmZC02ZTcxMzI4M2Q2MWQ-;_ylg=X3oDMTFvdnRqYzJoBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25zBHRlc3QD;_ylv=3

> One has to wonder why a reporter in Bangalore is covering the Atlantic
hurricane watch desk.  I have also seen Reuters use "kph."  They appear not
to have a firm policy.  At least "km/h" made it through the editor.  That is
better than AP's policy of institutionalized error, always "correcting" it
to wrong.