Dear Mr. President,

On January 10, a whitehouse.gov "We The People" petition in support of U.S.
changeover to the metric-system standard of measurement surpassed the
25,000-signature threshold needed to earn your response.

The petition appears to be receiving approximately 1,000 to 3,000 additional
signatures per day, and is still receiving them at that rate. The petition was
posted on the site December 31, and reached the prescribed threshold for action
in only 10 days.

The U.S. is the only major nation that does not use the metric system as its
everyday measurement standard, thus making America an island of inch-pound
commercial isolation in a metric sea of ambitious competitors who are not
saddled with our measurement restriction.

Each additional day that America waits to convert to the metric system means
additional costs to the Nation in terms of lost trade, lost scientific
development, lost academic prowess for our students, and lost cultural
diversity.

We urge you to heed this petition (now at over 28,000 signatures and
counting!), and open a national dialogue immediately on an approach to
establishing U.S.change to the metric system. Here is a way for you to
transform America in a direction that is surely begging for a transformation!

Link to petition:
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/make-metric-system-standard-united-states-instead-imperial-system/FndsKXLh

SIncerely,

Paul R. Trusten
Registered Pharmacist
Vice President and Public Relations Director
U.S. Metric Association, Inc.
www.metric.org
trus...@grandecom.net
+1(432)528-7724