What units did Hawaii use before it became an American state (ca. early 1960s?)

John F-L

From: ezra.steinb...@comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:11 AM
To: U.S. Metric Association
Subject: [USMA:52233] RE: current status of the Hawaii metric bill, H.B. 36

Since Hawaii has no land borders with another U.S. state, it can certainly put
up metric road signs if it chooses to (barring some surprise ruling or
regulation coming from the Feds).

One advantage that would have (besides attracting more Asian tourists and
investors) would  be to make Hawaii seem even more "exotic" to American
mainland tourists than it already is. Another "feature" to be added to the
islands!   :-)

-- Ezra