From: owner-u...@colostate.edu [mailto:owner-u...@colostate.edu] On Behalf Of
Harry Wyeth
Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2013 12:40 AM
To: U.S. Metric Association
Cc: U.S. Metric Association
Subject: [USMA:53107] Bicycle Speedometer Question

    I don't understand why anyone would want to buy a mechanical cyclometer.
All bike shops sell modern digital cyclometers that can be set to SI at the
push of a button, are pretty accurate, easy to read, show multiple screens of
information, and don't cost much.  They obtain their information from an
electrical pick up mounted on the front fork that is activated by a small
button mounted on the front wheel as it spins around.  This is one SI-capable
bit of hardware that really works well.

HARRY WYETH