NIST is closed today (October 1st) as auto-responded each of the NIST employees
named below.

Eugene Mechtly
________________________________
From: mechtly, eugene a
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 4:48 PM
To: Warfield, Lisa; Gentry, Elizabeth; Butcher, Kenneth S.
Cc: Sefcik, David; Crown, Linda D.
Subject: RE: Inquiry Status: Table of Adoptions of NCWM Standards by the States

Lisa,

My copy of HB 130 (2014) arrived today, October 1st, too late for editorial
incorporation of additional metric-only facts in the Table of Adoptions of
Uniform Laws and Regulations, listed by state, beginning on Page 10.

I am astonished that the editors of HB 130, apparently, have so little
authority to incorporate facts reported by each of the states directly to NIST,
without any intermediate involvement of the NCWM.

In my mind, this is a case of the tail wagging the dog.  NIST is more that a
clerk and printer acting for the NCWM.

The requirement (?) for submission of the NCWM Form 15 on the question of data
provided directly by each of the states to NIST should require no NCWM approval!

Eugene Mechtly