From: owner-u...@colostate.edu [mailto:owner-u...@colostate.edu] On Behalf
Of James
Sent: 02 April 2014 17:55
To: U.S. Metric Association
Subject: [USMA:53670] Re: Fwd: FTC Solicits Comments on Rules, Regulations,
Policy, Interpretation of FPLA (Deadline: May 21, 2014)

This is an excellent opportunity for us to speak on behalf of permissive
metric-only labeling. The odds of FTC agreeing to mandatory metric-only
labeling are extremely low and comments pushing for that will be swamped by
industry (FMI) lobbyists. But permissive metric-only stands a chance, I
think.

The usual guidance applies. Keep the tone temperate. Ensure there are no
spelling errors, nor any factual errors. Be succinct, yet complete enough to
show the logic behind the comment.

Jim

--
James R. Frysinger
632 Stoney Point Mountain Road

(C) 931.212.0267
(H) 931.657.3107
(F) 931.657.3108

On 2014-04-02 11:40, Metric Rules Info wrote:
> Any thoughts??
>
>> *Subject:* *FTC Solicits Comments on Rules, Regulations, Policy,
>> Interpretation of FPLA (Deadline: May 21, 2014)*
>>
>> PLEASE DIRECT YOUR QUESTIONS AND SEND COMMENTS DIRECTLY TO THE
>> FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION - PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO NIST.
>>
>> The Federal Trade Commission has issued the attached request for
>> public comments on its rules, regulations and policy interpretations
>> of the Federal Fair Packaging and Labeling Act (FPLA).
>>
>> We are providing a copy of this notice because you have indicated
>> that you are interested in FPLA issues on the Office of Weights and
>> Measures Client Database.
>>
>> *__*
>>
>> *_The FTC deadline for comments is May 21, 2014._**__*
>>
>> Hereis the FRN (see attachment) and the notice link

(https://www.federalregister.gov/articles/2014/03/19/2014-06066/rules-regula
tions-statements-of-general-policy-or-interpretation-and-exemptions-under-th
e-fair).