From: James [j...@metricmethods.com]
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2014 8:35 PM
To: mechtly, eugene a; U.S. Metric Association
Cc: carol.hock...@nist.gov; kenneth.butc...@nist.gov
Subject: Re: [USMA:54262] FPLA and UPLR Inspectors

Gene,

I imagine that most of the inspectors are all state-level employees.

I interacted with the Tennessee office controlling labels, weights, and
measures several years ago. I found that I could indeed sell produce at
farmers' markets solely in metric units, should I choose to do so. My
scale, if I used one, required certification and that, too, could be
done in metric units. Unfortunately, selling fresh eggs or produced food
products requires a certified kitchen and training and a certification
examination for the operator. It's just too darned expensive to do here
just for fun.

Why don't you call your state's office of weights and measures. Your
Illinois Secretary of State could tell you what that office is called in
Illinois and where it fits in the state government hierarchy.

Jim

--
James R. Frysinger
632 Stoney Point Mountain Road