      From: "c...@traditio.com" <c...@traditio.com>
 To: U.S. Metric Association <usma@colostate.edu>
 Sent: Friday, November 20, 2015 12:10 AM
 Subject: [USMA:54902] Even Obsolescent "Ounces" Can Be Deceptive

At least with grams, you wouldn't have to use two decimal places!

"Lawsuit: Safeway ripped off canned-tuna customers

A $5 million class-action lawsuit filed in San Francisco accuses Safeway
of shortchanging customers who purchased store-brand canned tuna.

Ehder Soto of Aptos, Calif., said in court documents that government
testing showed that cans of tuna he bought regularly from a local Safeway
supermarket did not contain the full five ounces as advertised on the
label, according to the Santa Cruz Sentinel.

"I would not have purchased Safeway Chunk Light Tuna in Water if I had
known that the cans were underfilled and underweight," Soto stated in
court documents.

The documents said the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
found that 106 out of 108 Safeway tuna cans were underfilled. They
averaged 2.29 ounces of pressed cake tuna, or 19.4 percent below the
federally mandated minimum standard of fill 2.84 ounces, according to the
lawsuit."