I was interested to note that in the reporting I heard about the Paris "climate control" agreement, the goal was, except in one case, stated as "1 degree Celsius." Only in one instance did a reporter add "1.8 degrees Fahrenheit." It was nice to hear the whole Celsius number, whereas Fahrenheit had to add a decimal point!

I think that this reporting reflects my suspicion that news media are (1) becoming more internationalized and (2) are generally too lazy, or in too much of a rush, to convert units from metric. (2) would imply that the news media now assume that Americans are at least somewhat conversant with metric unit. Associated Press, which has always been a Luddite as far as metric is concerned, is shrinkin in importance compared to Reuters and AFP, which are more international in flavor.