With help from Jonathon, this issue has been resolved. The basic steps
taken that might assist others:

1) Used 4 RFNoC radio blocks for dual full duplex, used the dma fifo for
the tx chains and reduced its size to limit the delay out to the antenna
for low sample rates.
2) Implemented part of the tx chains in rfnoc (bpsk modulator +
interpolating fir transmit filter) - this eliminated U's but caused packet
drops indicated by Doverrun.
3) Running netstat -s before and after running the flowgraph and getting
packet drops, check to see if the value of UDP: RcvBufErrors increases. If
it does, drops are occurring in the kernel (so maybe host processing speed
is an issue) otherwise they are likely occurring in the NIC. Check the
NIC's ring buffer descriptor count 'ethtool -g eth0' mine was set for 256
for rx, change this to the max by running 'ethtool -G eth0 rx 4096'
 (probably good to do on the tx too). Flowgraph now runs without any errors!