Hello everyone,
we have a couple of X310 connected via PCIe to a Windows host and I’m trying to
get a slightly more elaborate multi USRP example up and running to dump IQ data
from multiple radio chains. Somehow stuff seems to work alright for a single
radio with two RX chains at 10 MSamples/s or 8 RX chains at 4 MSamples/s (after
a switch to the 3.10.2 UHD driver). Building a compound device with up to 7
X310 (e.g. 14 rx chains) seems to work fine in the initialisation phase even
though I’m running into overflow issues which might be related to my usage of
recv() and the buffers in the background. I’ll have a look at the kitchen_sink
example that Rob pointed out to see if that might help with that issue.

Long story short, above 7 X310 the driver seems to have issues keeping the
parallel communication going. I’ll receive a lot of the following errors:

UHD Error:
    x300 fw communication failure #1
    EnvironmentError: IOError: x300 fw poke32 - operation timed out

or
UHD Error:
    x300 fw communication failure #1
    EnvironmentError: IOError: x300 fw peek32 - operation timed out

I’m guessing that this is somehow related to how the driver handles the
compound USRP device or some misconfiguration on our side.
Can anyone tell me what the errors actually mean?
Do you have any suggestion how to avoid running into those issues e.g. where do
they come from?

Our host is running LV Comms with NI drivers in parallel but afaik the UHD
application shouldn’t be confused by that as I’m building against the 3.10.2
UHD and the application output shows that it uses the current lvbit file from
the runtime folder.

Thank you in advance,
Jens