Hello Mark,

Yes, people have used external Thunderbolt to 10 GigE SFP+ adapters
successfully in the past.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9wlKYDEOUU

I do not have up to date information about the level of performance to be
expected in such a setup however. In the video Balint is streaming at 100
MS/s, half the potential bandwidth of one channel, and only receiving. I
believe we may have some more recent testing results and will try to find
those for you.

Regards,
Derek