Hi,

This is a known problem with the B20xmini. Have a look at this thread and
then follow it up.

You are right, you are seeing caps charge and discharge, basically.

Since I made the changes myself on my units, I am not sure where things
were left with Ettus and their policy for fixing the problem. But I can say
that once you make the changes, the transients are gone and the minis work
really well.

regards,

steven

On Sat, Feb 24, 2018 at 3:25 PM, Thomas Teisberg via USRP-users <
usrp-users@lists.ettus.com> wrote:

> I'm working on a radar project that requires sending a series of short
> pulses. Looking at the pulses on a scope, I'm seeing large voltage spikes
> at the beginning and the end of each transmission.
>
> As shown in the attached screenshot, before the transmission starts, there
> is a 90 mV spike lasting about 10 us. After the transmission, there's a -25
> mV spike lasting about 20 us.
>
> The setup for this is simply a USRP B205mini-i connected to a 50 ohm input
> on a scope through a 30 dB attenuator. The signal is at 435 MHz with the
> scope sampling at 20 Gsps.
>
> Our initial thought was that we must be seeing some effects of some of the
> RF frontend components turning on and off. I found this previous mailing
> list post and tried the suggested fix in b200_impl.cpp but nothing changed:
>
> http://lists.ettus.com/pipermail/usrp-users_lists.
> ettus.com/2015-January/012269.html
>
> Any ideas why we might be seeing these spikes or what we could do about
> it? Does the fix suggested in the above mailing list post still apply to
> the current codebase?
>
> Thanks,
> Thomas

K. Steven Knudsen, Ph.D., P.Eng.