Hello everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to receive complex 8-bit integer samples from a
USRP containing a custom RFNoC flowgraph. If I didn't require RFNoC and could
use the legacy UHD C++ API instead, this would be trivial; I would simply set
both the host format and on-the-wire format in my stream arguments to "sc8".
However, when I do the same thing in my RFNoC-based application, I get the
following error message:

Error: RuntimeError: [RX Streamer] Conflicting OTW types defined:
args.otw_format = 'sc8' <=> stream_sig.item_type = 'sc16'

I understand that the value of stream_sig.item_type comes from the <source>
port in the XML block declaration of the block to which my rx_streamer points,
but editing the <type> field there does not produce the desired result. To
correctly stream 8-bit samples, would I have to, say, implement a custom RFNoC
block to repackage 16-bit samples into 8-bit samples at half the sample rate,
discarding the 8 LSBs? Or is there a simpler way to do this?

Adam Parower