On 04/07/2018 10:39 AM, Rob Kossler wrote:
Hi Marcus,
No, I haven't fooled with LO level adjustments. I set the LO at about 3 dBm and did not change it. The LO freq is indeed 2x (LO at 4884MHz with center freq at 2442MHz). I suspect that my custom software, which was developed for first B210 and then X310 with several daughterboard variants, may be sending tune commands in a way that is not ideal for an external LO configuration. There was a similar issue when I first started using TwinRx with "companion" or "external" LO and UHD would issue warnings about tuning one channel first and then the other when both channels had to be at the same freq because they shared an LO. So, my request for examples was to help me see if I am issuing the tuning requests correctly for this external LO config.

Rob
Understood.

Hopefully, one of the R&D folks will chime in here. I don't currently have one in my inventory, so running a bit blind.