I had some blocks that worked just fine with the old rfnoc-devel branch
using 2015.4, but when this latest change to 2017.4 came in, my blocks
stopped working.

I've found that a significant change was how clear_tx_seqnum seems to now
work.  I've noticed that clear_tx_seqnum will be set while setting register
writes are coming down.  This used to not be the case.

Moreover, it seems like axi_wrapper.v uses clear_tx_seqnum to pass out
config bus messages, so now that clear_tx_seqnum is set I am not able to
use the config bus from the axi_wrapper.

The most frustrating part is that simulation does not exhibit this
behavior, so I can't trust my simulation and have to rely on the ILA to
give me insight into these issues.

Can someone tell me how clear_tx_seqnum should be working and how it should
be used?  Should it be a single strobe?  Should it be a long lasting
signal?  Can I use it to indicate to my block that it should be in reset?

Thanks for the clarifications.

Brian