On 06/07/2018 10:03 AM, Kenneth Collier via USRP-users wrote:
Hello All,

I have an X310/WBX-120 transmitting a 500kHz tone @ 1.6GHz through a power divider to RF A Rx and RF B Rx on an X310/SBX-120. The 10MHz reference for both devices is sourced from an Octoclock-G using its internal reference. The PPS reference for both devices is also sourced from the Octoclock-G which is connected to an active GPS antenna. The sample rate is 2.5 MS/s. I am using UHD version 3.11.1.0-0-gad6b0935.

My hope is that the list can provide some insight on whether or not the variation vs time that I'm seeing when comparing the phase between the signal received on the two ports of the X310 is expected. There is very little drift but the phase variation oscillates within a few degrees (~+/-2deg). Please see the attached plot for reference. Here the mean phase difference is 4 degrees with a standard deviation of .5 degrees. I am using integer-N tuning on both Tx and Rx since the phase deviations are noticeably worse using fractional-N tuning.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Ken

Could we first make sure that you have an attenuator in-line between your TX and RX?