Dear All,

We are working on prototyping Signal Processing Algorithms for Radar and
localization scenarios (wideband signals).
At the moment we are setting up the testbed for testing our algorithms. We are
interested in the streaming and storing of high data rate
samples full bandwidth of 2x 160 MHz UBX cards to the file in PC. Later on, we
would perform offline processing of those samples.

We managed to find several posts related to the similar work. However, we did
not manage to find concrete suggestions or reference guideline
how to setup system that is able to perform offline acquisition of full
bandwidth signals supported by 2xUBX-160 cards in PC.

Our questions is directed to Ettus Research developers and anyone who was
trying to achieve same:

1. What is hardware configuration for the PC in order to support streaming and
storing of samples from 2xUBX-160 cards  (2(cards)x2(IQ)x160(BW)x8(sample
size)) to SSD memory?
2. Did you in Ettus tried to do a similar experiment and could you provide us
references for HW and SW configurations?

Our testbed at the moment consists of:

1. PC (Dell Precision Tower 5810 -
https://www.dell.com/en-ca/work/shop/dell-desktops-workstations/dell-precision-tower-5810-workstation-build-your-own/spd/precision-t5810-workstation/cup5810onca):
RAM:     4x4GB
(https://www.micron.com/parts/modules/ddr4-sdram/mta9asf51272pz-2g3) (This we
could also extend to 32GB or 64GB)

CPU:      Intel Xeon - Intel Xeon Processor E5-1620 v3 (4C, 3.5GHz, Turbo, HT,
10M, 140W)

SSD:      skhynix 512GB, 2.5'', Read : up to 550MB/s, Write : up to
             480MB/s. (http://ssd.skhynix.com/ssd/en/about/sc300a.jsp) (this we
plan to extend and maybe change as writing speed is low and capacity is low. Do
you have a recommendation                   for SSD configuration ?)

2. USRP X310
     RF DaugtherBoard: 2x UBX-160MHz
     PC-USRP interface: 2x10GB ethernet interface

Thank you in advance on comments and suggestions,

Tarik