When you source environment-setup-armv7ahf-vfp-neon-oe-linux-gnueabi it
points python to the e310/ARM version of Python that comes to the SDK.
Since gr_modtool needs to run on your host system to set up a new OOT
module, the ARM version of python won't work for you. Your best bet is to
open a new terminal, source your e310/setup_env.sh, and then develop your
OOT module as needed. Only source
environment-setup-armv7ahf-vfp-neon-oe-linux-gnueabi
at the end when it's time to build and install your OOT module into your
cross-compile build. Another alternative, do development and testing of
your OOT module on a pybomb prefix set up for x86 gnuradio and just
copy-paste-make-install the directory to your cross-compile prefix at the
end.

On Wed, Aug 22, 2018 at 1:53 AM, shachar J. brown via USRP-users <
usrp-users@lists.ettus.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm having trouble creating a new gr block for my e310.
>
> I compiled uhd and gnuradio from source as instructed in the following
> page:
> https://kb.ettus.com/Software_Development_on_the_E310_and_E312
>
> Now, when I try using the "gr_modtool newmod" command on my development
> device (pc), I receive the following error:
>

> user@user-OptiPlex-7040:~/prefix/src$ gr_modtool newmod DF_project
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File
> "/home/user/prefix/sysroots/x86_64-oesdk-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py",
> line 553, in <module>
>     main()
>   File
> "/home/user/prefix/sysroots/x86_64-oesdk-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py",
> line 535, in main
>     known_paths = addusersitepackages(known_paths)
>   File
> "/home/user/prefix/sysroots/x86_64-oesdk-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py",
> line 266, in addusersitepackages
>     user_site = getusersitepackages()
>   File
> "/home/user/prefix/sysroots/x86_64-oesdk-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py",
> line 241, in getusersitepackages
>     user_base = getuserbase() # this will also set USER_BASE
>   File
> "/home/user/prefix/sysroots/x86_64-oesdk-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/site.py",
> line 230, in getuserbase
>     from sysconfig import get_config_var
>   File
> "/home/user/prefix/sysroots/x86_64-oesdk-linux/usr/lib/python2.7/sysconfig.py",
> line 10, in <module>
>     'stdlib': '{base}/'+sys.lib+'/python{py_version_short}',
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'lib'
>

> Note: I've set up the environment using the
> "environment-setup-armv7ahf-vfp-neon-oe-linux-gnueabi"
> in the prefix directory, as I've done while compiling uhd and gnuradio.
>
> Note2: The sdk is seemingly not well supported, and I had to install six
> (a VOLK dependency) manually to complete the gnuradio compilation.
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Steve

Information contained, linked, or attached to this email and all verbal
communications from WhiteFox Defense to your entity in the prior 30 days
constitute proprietary and confidential information unless otherwise
indicated and is therefore subject to obligations in any executed
confidentiality agreements. Further, this email is intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not
the intended recipient and this message has been addressed to you in error,
please promptly notify i...@whitefoxdefense.com
<mailto:i...@whitefoxdefense.com> and destroy all copies of the message and
any attachments. This email and attachments may contain technical data as
defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR
120.10 or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) 15 CFR Parts 730 –
780.  Export of this material may be controlled by these regulations and
may not be exported or transferred to non-U.S. persons without prior
written approval from the U.S. government.