Recently there was a significant change to the noc_block_vector_iir
(specifically the vector_iir):

https://github.com/EttusResearch/fpga/commit/05ca30fe91330d54dcd005a3af4aeaa0dc26c8f8#diff-4b21f52231ba9f82bf132f633d594187

It's a pretty significant re-write of the block, and this behavior has me
asking a few questions:

1) Can anyone at Ettus expand on the reason for the major re-write?  It
appears that the block itself worked previously so it seems like re-writing
it was a lot of effort to potentially add new bugs to things which weren't
there previously.

2) Why wasn't this re-written block added as a second option for a vectored
IIR implementation?  There are 64-bits worth of RFNoC block ID's out
there.  I understand if you don't want to support specific RFNoC blocks
anymore, and want to move onto new ones, but can you retire them in a
better, more thought out way?  Moving them to a deprecated folder is fine
and giving one or two releases to get people to move away is fine, but
please stop gutting and re-writing something like it hasn't completely
changed.  There are people who may want to stick with the old way of doing
things (the old DDC/DUCs are another recent re-write that could have been
handled better).  Please give us a chance at trying to maintain stability.

I've tried to emphasize stability previously, and it seems like the host
side tries, almost to a fault, to maintain ABI compatibility and stability,
but the FPGA side seems to have a complete disregard for stability.

It would be really nice if someone from Ettus could answer the two
questions I posed.

Thanks,
Brian