I am using Ubuntu 18.04, an N310 with the current master builds.  I am
currently testing basic operation using a USB/Ethernet adaptor for the
management connection, and a 1 GB Ethernet connection straight from the
computer's NIC port to the SFP0 port on the N310.

I have built from source and can make it through all of the examples and
benchmarking exercises successfully.  I am also able to successfully run the
tx_waveform example with a streaming rate of 25e6 with a master clock rate of
125e6.  This seems to be the limit, 31.25e6 causes underruns.

Despite the streaming link seeming to work, there are chronic warnings such as:
"[WARNING] [MPMD] Could not determine link speed; using 1GibE max speed of
125000000

The network connections were set up within Ubuntu's network manager, with
MTUBytes = 8000 (also set in the N310's /etc/system/network/ files).
Autonegotiation is enabled on both ends, per ethtool outputs.

Any input on where these warnings originate, and if there is a way to suppress
them?

Thank you
Dan