Seems like we are getting closer.

The code I use to set the time source is
    uhd_usrp_set_clock_source(usrp, "external", ALL_MBOARDS);
    uhd_usrp_set_time_source(usrp, "_external_", ALL_MBOARDS);

Maybe it should not be _external_ by "external" without the "_"s? At least
on N200 _external_ works. I don't remember where I got the string, maybe
from reading the UHD sources or from the UHD documentation (this was a few
years ago).

Regarding the ref_locked: no, I am not using the external reference input
but the GPSDO. So I will remove the test on this in my code. On N200 it
seems okay to test because I think there it tests whether the PLL is locked
to whatever clock source is selected. Is that right?

Thanks, Sivan