Hi,

maybe this is related to a very similar problem I had back a few month ago. Here is the thread:
http://lists.ettus.com/pipermail/usrp-users_lists.ettus.com/2018-July/057308.html

The outcome was basically that the software does not support timed sample rate switching. I had to wait for every command to be finished, switch the samplerate and restart everything. But maybe that is a bit different from your situation as you are not looking for timed commands.

Best regards,
Fabian