A device name/model would help.

I'm going to explain how our USRP's (Ettus N310's) and hosts (linux
machines) are configured. The N310 has a linux running inside on the SD
card. Don't know how to configure other kinds of USRP's.

For each N310:

1. ssh into root or use screen via USB

2. cd /etc/systemd/network

3. ls     (you should shee <name>network

4. use text editor to change IP, MTU, ect... to whatever you want.

For a linux host machine:

You have two options:

A: Use your distros GUI to configure whatever IP address you want

B: Use the terminal and ifconfig

B1: ifconfig <interface_name> <ip>

B2: ifconfig <interface_name> mtu <value>

Also you do not want to exactly match IP address between the host and USRP.
Do something like this.

USRP: 192.168.xx.2

Host: 192.168.xx.1

xx is of your choice (pick the same number for both)