Bob,

The 84MHz bandwidth constraint is because of the analog bandpass filter [1]
on the UBX's RX signal path [2]. I'd guess that UHD will yell at you if you
feed in an invalid bandwidth, but I've never tried it. If I remember
correctly, you can sample at rates that aren't an even division of the MCR,
you'll just end up using a CIC filter that causes rolloff in your spectrum
[3].

- Sam

[1] https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/412/55916-1504717.pdf
[2] https://files.ettus.com/schematics/ubx/UBX-160_revE.pdf