From: EJ Kreinar <ejkrei...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2020 6:09 AM
To: Snehasish Kar <snehasish....@live.com>
Cc: Jonathon Pendlum <jonathon.pend...@ettus.com>; usrp-users@lists.ettus.com
<usrp-users@lists.ettus.com>
Subject: Re: [USRP-users] Fractional downsampling in rfnoc

Hi Snehasish,

A few thoughts...

> 25msps and tried dividing it into 16 channels. I should have returned
> 625kspsx2 sample rate each channel

Based on your screen shot I'm guessing you started with 10 Msps and used 16
channels to get 625 kHz channel spacing (with 1250 ksps per channel). Is that
correct?

> But you can see the snaphshots, if a tune into 955.4MHz and try to get a
> channel on index 0 ie the center freq, it works well and I am able to decode
> GSM Burst from it. But if I try to add index 2(which is 955.8MHz), the
> amplitude in the spectrum falls and also I am not able to decode any GSM burst

Is it correct that your "index 2" center frequency is targetting 400 kHz offset
from the center frequency? If so, I dont expect this would work. Using a
channel spacing of 625 kHz, the closest channel you could receive next to 955.4
MHz would be 956.025 MHz. Based on your screenshot it actually seems like the
peak energy you're looking for may be lower than the channel frequency by about
200 kHz?

This is one downside of the polyphase channelizer in this particular
implementation. The channel outputs are consistently spaced and cannot be
changed except by moving the sample rate, center frequency, or number of
channels.

EJ

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 8:31 AM Snehasish Kar