On 07/21/2020 12:13 PM, Prasad via USRP-users wrote:

Soft reminder!

Thanks,

*From:*Prasad [mailto:kp...@trilcomm.com]
*Sent:* Monday, July 20, 2020 7:58 PM
*To:* 'usrp-users@lists.ettus.com'
*Cc:* 'Rao Yenamandra'
*Subject:* 1 Ts delay in USRP B210

Dear Team.

Hope you are doing well and safe.

We are bringing up our NR-5G UE stack with USRP B210.

If time permits, would you pls. reply to below concern with your valuable information.

During the synchronization procedure, we observe atleast 1 (Sampling Time) drift in rx streamer in every ~40ms time period.

Are we missing any time_spec during /uhd_rx_streamer_recv/ api or in /uhd_tx_streamer_send/ ?

Master clock rate: 30.72e6

Sampling rate: 30.72e6

Carrier frequency: 3.8e9

We use one B210 to transmit time domain samples back to back and others to receive.

Log snippet:

Init PSS detected with lag: /4469/ (/PSS detection offset from the slot boundary/ )

sss has been detected

Init PSS detected with lag: 4469

sss has been detected

Init PSS detected with lag: 4469

sss has been detected

Init PSS detected with lag: 4469

sss has been detected

Init PSS detected with lag: 4470 à1 Ts drift

sss has been detected

Init PSS detected with lag: 4470

sss has been detected

Init PSS detected with lag: 4470

sss has been detected

Init PSS detected with lag: 4471 à1 Ts drift.

sss has been detected

Init PSS detected with lag: 4472à1 Ts drift

sss has been detected

Init PSS detected with lag: 4472

sss has been detected

Init PSS detected with lag: 4472

sss has been detected

Init PSS detected with lag: 4484 à12 Ts drift

sss has been detected

Thanks! in advance.

Regards,

Prasad.

Are you just using the on-board reference clock, or using something like a GPS module?

The drift you show is roughly 0.8PPM (if I've done my math correctly), which is well within spec for this board without a better reference clock.