On 08/19/2020 10:28 AM, Jerrid Plymale via USRP-users wrote:

Hi All,

So I am having an issue with one of the USRP’s I am using where it, after running for less than a couple minutes, will lose its network connection to the PC. To be specific, I am running two USRP x310’s on the same PC, each is connected to its own 10 Gig Ethernet port on the PC, and both are using different IP addresses. I am running a different GNU Radio Flowgraph on each, one of the USRP’s is just transmitting, while the other is both transmitting and receiving. I get two specific errors that pop up when the USRP that is transmitting and receiving loses its network connection to the PC. The following are the errors that are given:

[ERROR][UHD] An unexpected exception was caught in a task loop. The task loop will now exit, things may not work. EnvironmentalError: IOError: “IP Address”: x300 fw communication failure #1 (will show three of these errors, each one followed by the next error)

EnvironmentalError: IOError: x300 fw poke32- reply timed out

And sometimes the following is given at the end:

EnvironmentalError: IOError: Send error on socket: Network unreachable

Anyone know how to fix this issue? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Jerrid

Is this on Windows or Linux?

Does unplugging and re-plugging the cable help, or do you have to power-cycle the USRP? Does it only happen to one USRP--that is, does the
 problem follow the USRP, or the cable, or the network port?