Hi Mark - Yeah you can't compile your UHD application for your host
computer (not cross-compiled using the USRP's SDK) and expect it to run on
the USRP. The USRP comes with a full UHD and development install, so you
should be able to compile your UHD application directly on the USRP. It
might not be fast, but it should work -- and, be compatible for
execution on the USRP to boot! You can alternatively obtain the USRP's SDK
and cross-compile the UHD application on your host computer with the USRP
as the target processor; then, move the resulting executable to the USRP
and it should work natively there. The E320 also works in "network mode",
meaning that you can use your host computer to run the UHD application and
transport data samples from the USRP to the host computer. This option is
useful and attractive for some users, and the USRP's embedded processor has
significant limitations for processing capabilities. I hope this helps! -
MLD