Dear community,

I use an RFNoC block and I would like to use it in combination with the GPS
time functionallity on a N310.
My aim is to create and write out a GPS precise timestamp - in the first step
only once but maybe later more regularly.
Until Inow I have a RFNoC block, where I put the controlling stuff (of the main
task) inside test1_block_ctrl_impl.cpp which is called by test1_impl.cc
My idea is to put the GPS time function inside test1_block_ctrl_impl.cpp  /
test1_impl.cc as well. In my opinion it is not necessary to create a
completelty new self-written RFNoC block since it is a small function.

In the following I describe two different approaches how I try to achieve my
goal, but I would like to use the easiest one.
Mainly I try to use the integrated GPSDO function
So if you know a better solution, don't hesitate to post it. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(1)

Initially; I thought I could use code of the sync_to_gps.cpp in the examples
folder of uhd, but I realized that therefore an instance of an usrp object is
created.

uhd::usrp::multi_usrp::sptr usrp = uhd::usrp::multi_usrp::make(args);

Since I use a RFNoC block, previously a "rfnoc" object is constructed. (I dont
know the exact name and where it is created). So, I have two instances which
want to access at the same resource (board) at the same time. This is obviously
not functioning.
So when I run it in gnuradio I got the following error:

[ERROR] [RPC] Someone tried to claim this device again

In order to avoid this problem I would like to apply the needed methods for
using the GPS time functionallity at the rfnoc object (so I do not need to
create an object usrp ).
In the sync_to_gps.cpp example the following methods are used:

set_clock_source
set_time_source
get_mboard_sensor_names
get_mboard_sensor
set_time_next_pps
get_time_last_pps

So my question is, where in the RFNoC framework is an instance of the rfnoc
object created, so I can apply these methods to it.

Another thing:
If I start the built program sync_to_gps, I get after the initialization, a seg
fault error. I think, it is because I use an RFNoC block.
Is it true, and where is the core dump stored?

(2)

During my research, I noticed that there is an RFNoC: Radio block. Looking at
the source code I see interesting methods in it:

set_clock_source
set_time_next_pps
get_time_last_pps

but not (set_time_source, get_mboard_sensor_names, get_mboard_sensor )

So it seems to me that a GPS time function is not integrated in the
rfnoc_radio_impl  class.
This astonishes me, because I would assume that the RFNoC framework could
perform at least the same tasks as an usual USRP (radio) one.
I think about using (copying) the missing methods in the rfnoc_radio_impl
class. Are there any problems doing this or why they have not been implemented
so far?
If I implement it, how can I recompile the block in order to get an updated
RFNoC: Radio block.

Used software:
I use GNURadio 3.7.14.0, UHD 3.15 with Python 2.7.
Hardware:
N310

Thanks for the help :)

Kind regards