The block ultimately determines the size of the packets that are sent out.
Some block controllers (like the radio) use the spp argument to set the
length that the block generates. I don't know what's going on in your case,
but I would suggest looking at how the packet length is being controlled by
the block. You could also use wireshark to confirm the packet length.

Wade