Hello Dominic:

The USRP 2974 is basically a USRP X310 with two UBX daughterboards and a
GPSDO module, with an internal Intel SoM.  You can install Linux, UHD, GNU
Radio, RFNoC directly onto the SoM, as you would with a laptop computer.
There is a KB page for the USRP 2974.  Please let me know if you have any
further questions.

https://kb.ettus.com/USRP-2974

--Neel Pandeya