I believe RFNoC tries to flush any partially transmitted packets out of
blocks during initialization before resetting them. The idea is to get rid
of any leftover data that might still be in the data pipes. I think a
timeout means the noc_shell never saw the end of the last packet before the
timeout. I usually see this warning if I stopped the previous session
abruptly without properly stopping the data transfer.

I think you'll see this warning if your block stops data transfer
mid-packet. Then, on the next session, it can't finish the packet it
started on the previous session. Or something like that. It's probably OK
to ignore if your block uses the resets coming out of the noc_shell to
reset everything.

Wade