Hi,

I suggest you take a look at the addsub RFNoC block, which uses a simple
HLS module.

https://github.com/EttusResearch/uhd/blob/master/fpga/usrp3/lib/rfnoc/blocks/rfnoc_block_addsub/rfnoc_block_addsub.v

In that block, I think they just pull in the HDL code generated by the HLS
tool, but I assume you could also bring it in as an IP block.

Regarding your other questions, I suggest you take a look at this video
tutorial, which walks talks a lot about how RFNoC blocks work and walks you
through creating one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9ntwQie9vs

Thanks,

Wade