What version of UHD are you trying to use?

I'm not a python expert, but I think in UHD 3.15 and earlier, there isn't
support for the RFNoC API in Python, just MultiUSRP. Hopefully someone will
correct me if I'm wrong. The RFNoC API is exposed for Python in UHD 4.0.
Either version should work with C++.

In UHD 4.0 and Python, if you get a reference to your block's block
controller, then you can use block.peek32(addr) and block.poke32(addr, val)
to read/write registers.

In UHD 3.15 and C++, if you get a pointer to your block's block controller,
then you can use block->sr_read64(addr, port) and block->sr_write(addr,
val, port). I don't know how to do this in Python in UHD 3.15.

Thanks,

Wade