On 2022-07-09 15:39, frie...@free.fr wrote:
  on that data.   MOST machines these days are little-endian (x86, etc).
except for the JVM and all the Android applications which are big-endian hence !
I am not sure x86-based PCs account for "most machines" today, although they are
arguably the most supported GNU Radio running environment.

Best, JM
Well, sure. Except that JVM runs on actual CPU hardware, which is overwhelmingly little-endian.

I've been involved with computers and computing and computer architecture since 1979. In that time there   have been many flirtations with both styles of representation, including machines that could be configured at
  boot time.   Which is why I said "these days"....