Hi community,

I am using openairinterface to perform some tests with 5G SA. During the test phase, I can see a lot of "LLLLLLL" (most of the time hundreds, sometime thousands of these) from time to time. These late packets do not represent an issue with lower throughput, but if I try to send downlink data at 150 Mbps or higher they cause instability in the system. Thus, I would like to understand more in depth why they happen.

My setup is based on 1x N310 connected to a server equipped with 2x Xeon, 12 cores each one. The link between the USRP and the server is based on 2x10Gbps optical fiber interfaces. The device is connected at 3.5GHz with MIMO support. I am using UHD 3.15. I disabled hyperthreading, C states and CPU frequency scaling. I also tried with low latency kernel but anything resolved the issue.

Could it be possible that 2x Xeon cores are not able to handle samples fast enough? What could be the reason of this behavior?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Federico