On 2022-10-24 14:46, Juan L. Delgado wrote:
Can I use the USRP X410 in a windows environment with Labview or GNU Radio through windows? Or would it be a simpler install to use Linux in a virtual environment?

I attempted to use the executable download for Windows for UHD 4.3 but i believe my USRP needs to be updated to 4.3 as well ( I believe it has 4.1.05 installed but im not 100% sure).  The instructions in the manual to update the USRP software is in Linux only.
The UHD update tools will work in windows as well.  Both "uhd_images_downloader" and "uhd_image_loader" should work
  just fine in Windows.

I can't comment on Gnu Radio on windows, since I have no experience with it, although I do know that Ryan Volz has created   an installer environment for Windows called "radioconda" which can install Gnu Radio.

My worries are that if I am able to download 4.1 by source onto my computer, or if I am able to upgrade the USRP to 4.3, I still will not be able to use it in windows.

FYI I need to use the USRP to examine and transmit frequencies in the 2.4 gHz frequency for a school project.

Thank You